What is wood construction ?
Wood construction implies conception, production and installation on sites of products or wood components for the building (glulam structure, industrial structures, wooden structure)
This is a profession that requires both technical capacity and human quality to assume a point of contact with all partners of a construction project.
The missions of technician in wood construction
- Conceive, produce and install on sites products or wood components dedicated to building,
- Define the conditions for carrying out works in wood and to ensure the smooth running of a project,
- Realize an implementation plan, calculation notes and specifications,
- Organize the means of production (workforce, tools, raw materials)
- Conduct and manage a building site
Technicians in wood construction/habitats can work:
- in companies that manufacture wooden structures, wood components used in habitats,
- in engineering departments,
- as manager in products conception,
- in a position of responsibility in production unit.