What is Digital Design?
Digital Design is an activity of experimentation and reflection that questions the fields of application covered by the challenges of digital evolution. The user experience is at the heart of the design of our products and services, connected, interactive and alive.
- Its field of application is based on a systemic articulation of UX which relies on the physical and immaterial hybridization between objects, environments and information systems in all fields and frameworks of human activity: the individual in the private and family sphere,
- the operator in a standardized professional context, driven by the industry of the future.
The Digital Design Lab’s fields of research project the answers in design to the questions raised by the technological cohabitation between humans and machines, in order to propose a better relational quality, more efficient, acceptable and pleasant, responsible and ethical.
- Applications and services based on Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Robotics and cobotics, transport and manned flights (cockpit)
- Design of digital products (objects and services)
- Living systems and biomimicry: The evolution of technologies raises the question of a new cohabitation between humans and machines and requires new answers in design. One of the methods consists in developing the imaginary and moving its point of view, on another scale, to another level of representation.
- Virtual, augmented and mixed reality, representation systems in three-dimensional environment
- Educational and playful applications
- Multi Modality of interaction, (HMi, Ai, VAi...): Describe the gestural grammar of the natural user interface (NUI) using the body, gesture, voice, sensoriality and plasticity of the digital matrix.
Program in Digital Design at L’École de design Nantes Atlantique
The MDes Digital Design explores the concept of tangibility and materiality of the information for the conception of innovative products and services, in every area. It is based on hybridization between objects, environments and information systems.
Program taught in French
This program entirely taught in English encourages the exploration of French culture in an applied interdisciplinary context, and offers a great opportunity to carry out design projects in a multicultural context.
Within this program, students will be able to choose to work on projects linked to Digital Design.
Specifically tailored for international students who hold a Bachelor degree in design or equivalent, this program allows a good integration and a better approach of the methodology as taught at school through design practices.