How to apply as an exchange student
Here is all the information you need to apply for an exchange semester at L’École de design Nantes Atlantique:
Only students from one of our partner schools can join the school as an exchange student. The duration of the exchange program is one semester, from September to January or from February to June.
1. L’École de design Nantes Atlantique sends a nomination form by email to be filled in by the home institution (this email is sent in September for the spring semester, and in February for the fall semester),
2. The partner school selects their applicants and fills out the nomination form,
3. The nominated students and their respective schools will receive an email, in the weeks following the nomination, containing the link to the application platform of L’École de design Nantes Atlantique, as well as the connection details of each student,
4. Students complete and submit their application. The following documents must be uploaded to the application platform:
• Curriculum Vitae,
• Passport or ID card,
• Portfolio showing some of their creations and work.
5. Students receive a response 3 weeks after the application deadline,
6. The selected students receive an email with their official acceptance letter and practical information (list of courses, instructions for the learning agreement, exact start dates, etc.).
Due to a limited number of places, it is not possible to accept all students who apply for an exchange semester. If the number of applications exceeds the number of places available, a selection of applications will be made by the program’s course leader, based on the quality of the portfolio and the application. Students will receive an answer to their application within 3 weeks after the submission deadline.
L’École de design Nantes Atlantique welcomes applications from students with disabilities or chronic illnesses, and considers them under the same academic conditions as for other students. Applicants must state all their specific requirements when sending their application.
Here are the application deadlines for each year:
• For semester 1
Application deadline: 10 May
• For semester 2
Application deadline: 10 November
For any questions or additional information, please contact Orianne Besnard, international relations assistant, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Students wishing to apply for programs other than exchanges
If you have at least 2 years of undergraduate studies in graphic, product, interaction or spatial design and are interested in following an undergraduate program in English over a full year as a student of L’École de design Nantes Atlantique, please consult the 3rd year of DN MADE/ International Class.
If you have a Bachelor’s Degree in Design and are interested in applying for one of our master programs (MDes), please consult the Postgraduate Studies.