Practical information


L’École de design Nantes Atlantique is located on the Chantrerie technology campus, along with other schools: École des Mines, École Polytechnique, École Supérieure du Bois, École Nationale Vétérinaire and ICAM.
Three bus lines serve the campus:

The C6 line (Chronobus)
The C6 line provides a link between the school and the city center.
The closest stop to the school is named Chantrerie Grandes Écoles
The C6 drives each 10 minutes in average.

The 75 line
For students living near the University area, the 75 bus line is ideal as it drives them directly to school. The closest stop to the school is named ‘Chantrerie Grandes Écoles’.
The 75 line also drives to the final stop (Beaujoire) of the tramway line 1. This tram then goes to the city center, via the train station (Gare SNCF Nord) and the castle (Duchesse Anne).

The E5 line
The E5 bus line drives students from Carquefou directly to school.
The closest stop to the school is named ‘‘Polytech’.

The company of transport of Nantes (TAN) runs a network of buses and tramways all over and around the city. To use the system, students will have to buy a monthly ticket.
Monthly ticket for students who are under 26 years old : €39
Monthly ticket for adults over 26 years old: €66
A one hour ticket for buses and tramways: €1.60
A book of ten tickets: €14.90


Student cafeterias in France are run by the « Centres Régionaux des Oeuvres Universitaires et Scolaires (CROUS »).
The CROUS sells subsidized meal vouchers (tickets restaurants) to students for €3.25/ticket

The school is located 100 meters from a University Restaurant (RU). There are other CROUS cafeterias in Nantes, ask the CROUS for a list.
Sandwiches, pizza, salads, meals... can be enjoyed at a Brasserie 50 meters from the school for between €7 and €10.
It is also possible to get a kebab for €5.

Cost of living (some prices recorded in Nantes, on average):
- A coffee in the city: €1.50
- A soft drink in a café: €2.50
- A meal in a restaurant: €10 to 20
- A French newspaper: €0.95
- A baguette (French bread): €1,10
- A cinema ticket: €7.50 € to €10.50

Liability insurance

Whether you are a student or an employee, civil liability insurance, or school and out-of-school insurance, covers you for any damage you may cause to a third party or property. It is compulsory for the duration of your studies at school. A certificate must be provided at the time of registration. The Civil Liability insurance is particularly useful when internship agreements are established.


International students arriving at school are all allocated a mentor to help them integrate the life and the habits of the school. Mentors are a point of contact before the arrival of the student and can, depending on their availability, meet students when they arrive in Nantes. They continue to be a helping hand to international students throughout the semester.
Mentors are volunteers students, having, for most of them, already spent a semester abroad. So they fully understand the challenges that international students are facing.

Tuition fees and instalments

It is important to note that all our students, both French and foreign, pay the same tuition fees.
You will find all the information about the tuition fees and instalments in the Apply to the school section.


Unfortunately, the school does not offer any. According to your country of residence and your particular situation, different possibilities of financing your studies in France may be available: government grants, funding granted by international organizations and NGOs, private fellowships...

Money and Banks

Opening hours
Banks are normally open from Monday to Friday, from 09:00 until 16:00 (17:00 at some branches). Some banks are open on Saturday mornings or all daylong, in which case they are closed on Monday.

With any valid credit card, you can withdraw cash from any automated teller machine (ATM) at any bank, savings bank or post office. (Not necessarily the bank where you have your account). ATMs are open 24 hours everyday and take almost all types of credit cards (Visa, Eurocard, Mastercard, etc.).

Opening a bank account
You need to open an account in France in order to get your money back from social insurance. We will give you instructions on how to go about this once you will be at school.