Faculty & partners in India
Transcultural Design India Campus Course Leader
- Hélène Thébault - India Studio Course Leader
- Sabine von Kessel – Design Pedagogy, Communication Design (Handelskammer Hamburg, Germany)
- Rheea Mukherjee - English Teacher (MFA in Writing - California College of the Arts)
- Namrata Shah - Transcultural Design Workshops (Textile Designer, Srishti School of Art Design and Technology)
- Shayak Sen, Business of Design, Design Entrepreneurship, (MDes, IIT Bombay)
- Devika Ganapathy, Design Research (National Institute of Design, India)
- Nupur Sista, Graphic Design (Savanna College of Art and Design, Atlanta, Georgia)
- Jayna Kothari, Law and IP (University of Oxford)
- Aashish Solanki - Design Consultant & Project Management (IIM Bangalore)
- Nitin Pande - Design Consultant & Project Mentor (Product Design, Bachelor of Design IIT Guwahati)
- Ekta Manchanda - Transcultural Design Workshops (Textile Designer, Srishti School of Art Design & Technology)
- Sharmistha Banerjee - Innovation Consultant (Masters in Design, TUDELFT Netherlands, Bachelor of Design IIT Guwahati
OTHER VISITING FACULTY AND GUEST LECTURERS
- Prof M P Ranjan (Design Thinker & Pedagogy Guru, ex NID, currently CEPT Ahmedabad)
- Prof Dieter Georg Herbst (International Branding expert)
- Mr Ramsey Ford (Founder of D-Impact, USA)
- Mr Arvind Lodaya (Designer, Consultant and Design Educator)
- Mr Janak Mistry (Srishti School of Art Design & Technolgy)
Business partners in India
The curriculum of the Transcultural Design India Studio MDes program is based on a strong relation with business and industries, through collaborative projects, internships and involvement of professional designers and lecturers from the most prestigious Indian and international companies and design studios.
Our industry partners in India are both local and international companies, which supply us with applied projects, staff, and jurors. With their help, we can often offer contacts for internships, and we schedule regular live projects with them. During the live projects, students usually work in teams, solving design problems stemming directly from an applied context, which means their work often sees realization.
The companies are covering all disciplines from product design to interior, graphic, and interaction design. Input from staff and industry-sourced advisors adds an element of guidance that regular industry projects do not benefit from, and define the added value of these projects for our industry partners, and for our students.
During the second half of the academic year, the companies take on a mentor role, sending project supervisors to discuss diploma project work with students individually, and guest speakers to illuminate various topics pertaining to design. They also provide the school, throughout the year, with qualified jurors who give input and mark the students work.
Bande apart, Bang Design, Decathlon, Desmania Design, EFD Induction, Fitch, Embrace, Happy Horizons Consulting, Idiom, Isan Khosla Design, Kuliza, Kenwood, Lotus, Lumiplan, Mojo, Poorna Kalsha, Restore, Samsung, Sangaru Design Studio, Studio abd, Tata Elxsi, Tycka.