Skills and perspectives
Current employment data for our 2015 MDes graduates (bac +5):
12 months after obtaining their degree, 88% of graduates from the class of 2015 are employed.
Among these 88%, 61% work in design agencies, 26% work for a company and 13% are self-employed.
Acquisition of professional design skills
The skills gained during the 2-year MDes programs are based on the ability to:
- use design in an innovative strategy for the general management of the company: design of products, services, scenarios, both material as well as virtual, thus contributing to the quality of brand image, the integration of lifestyle evolutions and topical research on environmental issues
- encourage collaborative work between different design specialties around the design project, integrating the contributions of each discipline (social sciences, ergonomics, marketing, technology, economics and aesthetics), to take into account the constraints of manufacturing, distribution and commercialization and to manage the collaboration between the various internal or external departments involved in the project
- follow the development of a product, from design to realization, and to communicate effectively within the company or agency, as well as with customers, limited partners and suppliers.
Exciting career opportunities
The multi-disciplinary dimension, a good knowledge of the professional field and a high level of practical and theoretical skills acquired in one of the MDes programs, can lead to positions such as:
- Design manager for products or services in a company or a design agency,
- Design consultant in project management and/or innovative services,
- Design agency director.
Thanks to the international dimension of the studies as well as the recognition of our school by major companies, graduates can aspire to exciting jobs in international corporations or agencies, or as free-lance designers for a global market.