Putting the designer at the heart of key issues in our societies
All the MDes programs offered by L’École de design Nantes Atlantique lead to the master’s level degree (Diplôme de design) certified by the French Ministry of Higher Education. The MDes programs constitute the educational component of our innovation and design centers.
L’École de design offers an international MDes programs specially tailored for students from all over the world who want to integrate our MDes in Nantes, and 3 others Trancultural Design MDes programs within our International Studios.
Our international MDes programs specially tailored for students holding a Bachelor’s Degree in design from all over the world who want to integrate our MDes in Nantes :
Within this program, students will be able to choose to work on projects linked to one of these 5 topics, attached to our Design Labs:
- Food Design & Brand
- Social Design
- Environmental Design
- Information Design
- UX Design
Our MDes programs open to all students holding a bachelor’s degree in design within our international studios :
- MDes Transcultural Design / Brazil Studio
- MDes Transcultural Design / China Studio
- MDes Transcultural Design / India Studio
L’École de design also offers MDes programs only open to students who validate their BDes at L’École de design.
We employ a two-fold approach involving both theoretical and practical training in collaboration with companies, competitiveness clusters, or university research laboratories. Additionally, students are required to prepare a final degree project pertaining to their chosen subject.
Throughout this lengthy process, our students profit from the advice and guidance of our network of experts in design, industry and research, as well as other professionals.
MDes by L’École de design: Why choose one of our programs?
Completing a Master’s degree program at L’École de design means:
- the certainty of obtaining a nationally-recognized qualification*
- for the majority of programs, the possibility of following your chosen MDes program in English or French
- a strong grounding in the professional world through the innovation and design centers and their corporate partnerships, access to an alumni network, and participation in international design competitions
- a gateway to the world of research thanks to the centers’ research component: the Design Labs
- the possibility of gaining a double degree in management or engineering
- the guarantee of specializing in an innovation-based sector and gaining the management skills necessary to beginning a successful career as a young designer
* Diploma certified by the French Ministry of Higher Education, giving it the exact same credentials and market value as University degrees (“Master 2.”) The school also applies the ECTS (European Credit Transfer System), which is recognized throughout Europe. As an officially certified degree, it should also be recognized in most countries around the world.