Putting the designer at the heart of key issues in our societies
All the MDes programs offered by L’École de design Nantes Atlantique lead to the master’s level degree (Diplôme de design) certified by the French Ministry of Higher Education. The MDes programs constitute the educational component of our innovation and design centers.
L’École de design offers MDes programs only open to students who have completed their undergraduate studies at L’École de design Nantes Atlantique but also 4 international MDes programs specially tailored for students from all over the world who want to integrate our MDes, and 3 Trancultural Design MDes programs.
Our international MDes programs specially tailored for students holding a Bachelor’s Degree in design from all over the world who want to integrate our MDes:
- MDes Care / Social Design
- MDes Media Design / Information Design
- Human Machine Design / UX Design
- MDes New Eating Habits / Food Design & Brand
- MDes Sustainable Cities / Environmental Design
Our MDes programs open to all students holding a bachelor’s degree in design:
- MDes Transcultural Design / Brazil Studio
- MDes Transcultural Design / China Studio
- MDes Transcultural Design / India Studio
Our MDes programs open to students who validate their BDes at L’École de design :
- MDes Care / Health & Social Innovation
- MDes Human Machine Design / Machine UX Design
- MDes Human Machine Design / Tangible UX Design
- MDes New Eating Habits/ Food Design
- MDes Sustainable Cities / Urban Design
- MDes Sustainable Cities / Mutations of the Built Environment
- MDes Design & entrepreneurship / Le Studio Montreal
MDes by L’École de design: Why choose one of our programs?
Completing a Master’s degree program at L’École de design means:
- the certainty of obtaining a nationally-recognized qualification*
- for the majority of programs, the possibility of following your chosen MDes program in English or French
- a strong grounding in the professional world through the innovation and design centers and their corporate partnerships, access to an alumni network, and participation in international design competitions
- a gateway to the world of research thanks to the centers’ research component: the Design Labs
- the possibility of gaining a double degree in management or engineering
- the guarantee of specializing in an innovation-based sector and gaining the management skills necessary to beginning a successful career as a young designer
* Diploma certified by the French Ministry of Higher Education, giving it the exact same credentials and market value as University degrees (“Master 2.”) The school also applies the ECTS (European Credit Transfer System), which is recognized throughout Europe. As an officially certified degree, it should also be recognized in most countries around the world.