Putting the designer at the heart of key issues in our societies
All the MDes programs offered by L’École de design Nantes Atlantique lead to the master’s level degree (Diplôme de design) certified by the French Ministry of Higher Education. The MDes programs constitute the educational component of our innovation and design centers.
L’École de design offers an MDes International Design Strategy program specially tailored for students from all over the world who want to integrate our MDes in Nantes, and 3 others MDes International Design Strategy programs within our International Studios.
Our MDes programs taught in English are open to all students holding a bachelor’s degree in design.
L’École de design also offers MDes programs taught in French.
Our international MDes programs, taught in English and specially tailored for students holding a Bachelor’s Degree in design from all over the world who want to integrate our MDes in Nantes:
This program entirely taught in English encourages the exploration of French culture in an applied interdisciplinary context, and offers a great opportunity to carry out design projects in a multicultural context.
Within this program, students will be able to choose to work on projects linked to one of 5 topics, attached to our Design Labs: Care Design, City Design, Food Design, Digital Design or Media Design.
Specifically tailored for international students who hold a Bachelor degree in design or equivalent, this program allows a good integration and a better approach of the methodology as taught at school through design practices.
Located in the heart of a downtown campus, the Brazil Studio offers a bilingual program that allows an accelerated acculturation the Portuguese language and the Brazilian context. This MDes program deals with topics related to social and environmental issues (mobility, health, distribution, education, food, access to energy, waste management, environmental issues) and its specific characteristics (high population density, multiculturalism, natural resources and local crafts, democratic construction ...).
Program in partnership with Mackenzie University
Throughout this program, students will learn to decipher the uses and to better understand the Chinese market in order to propose a coherent project adapted to the users, with an anthropological approach to design. The aim is to enable these young designers to work in any international environment and thus become a contextual creative.
In partnership with the University of Shanghai, China
India Studio offers students a unique opportunity to specialise in Social Innovation and Design Thinking. In India, students experience design practice as a positive social lever on everyday life and in the professional world, with a global approach.
In Partnership with MIT Pune
This program is only open to students who validate their undergraduate studies at L’École de design Nantes Atlantique.
In partnership with Centech, startup accelerator of l’École de Technologie Supérieure (ÉTS), the top public engineering school in Montreal, this program allows designer students to immerse themselves in startups powered by the first French-speaking incubator in North America.
MDes by L’École de design Nantes Atlantique: Why choose one of our programs?
Completing a Master’s degree program at L’École de design Nantes Atlantique means:
- the certainty of obtaining a nationally-recognized qualification*
- for the majority of programs, the possibility of following your chosen MDes program in English or French
- a strong grounding in the professional world through the innovation and design centers and their corporate partnerships, access to an alumni network, and participation in international design competitions
- a gateway to the world of research thanks to the centers’ research component: the Design Labs
- the possibility of gaining a double degree in management or engineering
- the guarantee of specializing in an innovation-based sector and gaining the management skills necessary to beginning a successful career as a young designer
* Diploma certified by the French Ministry of Higher Education, giving it the exact same credentials and market value as University degrees (“Master 2.”) The school also applies the ECTS (European Credit Transfer System), which is recognized throughout Europe. As an officially certified degree, it should also be recognized in most countries around the world.