Continuing education module “Using graphic facilitation”
- // Continuing Education
- // Program taught in French / Program taught in English / Taught in English
- // Nantes (France) / En entreprise
How can you capture information from your events in a visual manner?How can you incorporate graphic facilitation into your daily activity? Facilitating interactions between your project participants using visual illustrations.
Design Thinking is a method of user-centered creation. It uses the following techniques: Empathy/Observation – Definition – Creation – Prototyping – Test. Graphic facilitation is a dynamic tool for visualization and sharing ideas. It helps to define a project and forms the second stage in the Design Thinking process.
Facilitation is based on methods of co-creation and participatory design. It lets you illustrate graphically the vision of the working group thus encouraging interaction between the participants. Thanks to various graphic tools, you can improve the understanding of messages by various audiences with whom you have to communicate or work.
Objectives de la formation
At the end of the training program, you will be able to:
- Identify the basic visual vocabulary
- Create a first level resource library related to your activity
- Practice creating visuals using graphic facilitation
Learning by doing
The school has always championed project-led teaching, the aim being to apply the knowledge transmitted to the learner and to test it in the context of a real project. This immersive approach encourages the use of methods and techniques, and develops soft skills such as empathy, creativity, team work and the Maker mentality. This pedagogical method, led by a designer, gives learners the confi dence to take a different approach to the innovation process and to embrace the concept of Design Thinking.
What is graphic facilitation? When can graphic facilitation be used? Do you need to be able to draw? What is the typical learner profile? How is the training organized? Sandrine Barret, Graphic Facilitator and Trainer, explains. (in French)
2 days (14 hrs)
Nantes or in-company
16 and 17 July 2020
1 and 2 october 2020
14 and 15 december 2020
Why learn about graphic facilitation? We asked some learners before and after the 2-day training course. (in French)
Supporting the project group in the design of a visual representation:
- building a library of visual vocabulary
- visualizing the points of contact between participants in the meeting or project
- showcasing the emotions felt by the project team
Representation of ideas using graphic mediation to get the best possible overview and to clarify the main issue:
- mapping out the chain of events for the project team
- rendering complex reasoning intelligible by organizing information using simple graphic forms that can be understood by all
- using visuals to encourage discussions within the team and to agree on a common vision
Open to any professional keen to use visual thinking to enhance their work.
All our Design Thinking training programs are run by professional designers.
This module is run by Sandrine Barret, graphic facilitator.
Jean-Luc Barassard, director of the Business Strategy department, explains how design is supported in companies, using the specific case of French company LIPPI