Continuing education module “Prototyping your ideas / Design Thinking”
- // Continuing Education
- // Program taught in French / Program taught in English / Taught in English
- // Nantes (France) / En entreprise
How can you communicate your service concepts more effectively? How can you use the techniques of a designer to prototype your ideas and sell them to others? How to build quick and easy prototypes to give substance to your ideas and test their reliability
Design Thinking is a method of user-centered creation. It uses the following techniques: Empathy/Observation – Definition – Creation – Prototyping – Test. Experimental prototyping lets you test and validate design assumptions. It makes ideas more concrete and brings them to life using a simple physical formalization.The user-centered approach aims to reduce iterations in the process of solution design and to identify early on the conditions for success.
This course in prototyping will teach you how to illustrate your ideas simply, to bring them to life and therefore sell them more effectively. Prototyping makes ideas more concrete, makes them tangible and brings them to life through a simple physical formalization designed to test a functionality for example.
Thanks to different techniques of rapid prototyping (those of designers), you will be able to project your vision, illustrate it and conceptualize it to find a solution with your co-workers.
At the end of the training program, you will be able to:
- Define the stages to prototype a concept
- Produce a prototype using storytelling techniques
- Propel yourself into the next phases, iterate and improve the product/service experience
- Define the right representation format
Learning by doing
The school has always championed project-led teaching, the aim being to apply the knowledge transmitted to the learner and to test it in the context of a real project. This immersive approach encourages the use of methods and techniques, and develops soft skills such as empathy, creativity, team work and the Maker mentality. This pedagogical method, led by a designer, gives learners the confi dence to take a different approach to the innovation process and to embrace the concept of Design Thinking.
2 jours (14 hrs)
25 and 26 May 2020
- Designing a quick solution: using scenarios, interface mock-ups, media or illustrations for the narrative (paper, cardboard, photos, photo novel, stop motion, etc.)
- Optimizing the workflow between the project teams
- Testing and validating hypotheses resulting from the use scenario
- Reducing development costs thanks to quick and dirty prototyping
- Persuading decision-makers of the choices to be made
Open to all.
The training is particularly aimed at project managers, project leaders, engineers, marketers, innovation specialists, etc.
All our Design Thinking training programs are run by professional designers or design experts.
For “prototyping your idea”, the trainer is François Ruaud, designer.
Jean-Luc Barassard, director of the Business Strategy department, explains how design is supported in companies, using the specific case of French company LIPPI