Continuing education module “Use innovation / Design Thinking”
- // Continuing Education
- // Program taught in French / Program taught in English / Taught in English
- // En entreprise / Nantes (France)
How can we create new values in products and services? How can we rediscover our clients’ fundamental expectations? How can we change your approach to innovation to help you stand out from your competitors?
Design Thinking is a user-centered approach that aims to ensure a better understanding of new expectations.
This approach helps to lead to more innovative solutions which break with existing offers. Since its practical application means going through all the stages of Design Thinking (Empathy/Observation – Definition – Creation – Prototyping – Test), training in use innovation is cross-cutting and illustrates the full potential of this approach.
The aim: innovating by proposing new uses which can be delivered by products and/or services.
At the end of the training program, you will be able to use the approach and tools to:
- Observe users and imagine their needs
- Use the creative dynamic to generate new ideas
- Make rapid prototypes of new uses to consolidate the concept and integrate the user experience
- Design business models tailored to the new uses and measure value creation
Learning by doing
The school has always championed project-led teaching, the aim being to apply the knowledge transmitted to the learner and to test it in the context of a real project. This immersive approach encourages the use of methods and techniques, and develops soft skills such as empathy, creativity, team work and the Maker mentality. This pedagogical method, led by a designer, gives learners the confidence to take a different approach to the innovation process and to embrace the concept of Design Thinking.
What is use innovation? (in French)
4 days inter-company training with a theme suggested by the school or 5 days intra-company trainingwith a specific topic of your choice
Nantes or in-company
9-12 June 2020
7-10 July 2020
15-18 September 2020
03-06 November 2020
Marion Lefeuvre, Designer and Trainer, outlines the continuing education module “Use Innovation” (in French)
Raising awareness of design and experimenting via action learning based on the double diamond model (research, synthesis, ideation and prototyping):
- Presentation of Design Thinking, the double diamond and tools
- Collective choice of the issue to be examined and the subject of field observations
- observation of users in the field
- conceptualization phase, development of ideas and concepts related to the given issue, prototyping and presentation of results to the group.
Open to all.
The training is particularly aimed at Project Managers, R&D, Innovation, Marketing, Production, After-sales Service, Admin, Finance Staff, etc.
All our Design Thinking training programs are run by professional designers.
For “Use Innovation”, the designers in question are Marion Lefeuvre or François Ruaud, designers.
Notre organisme de formation est référencé au DataDock.
L'École de design a par ailleurs été choisi par Opcalia comme partenaire. Dans ce cadre, si vous dépendez de cet OPCA, Opcalia peut prendre en charge financièrement tout ou partie de votre formation. N'hésitez pas à les contacter pour plus d'informations.
Jean-Luc Barassard, director of the Business Strategy department, explains how design is supported in companies, using the specific case of French company LIPPI