Admissions are open until June 15, 2016 for the classes beginning in September 2016 (French classes at the University of Nantes).
Between June 16 and November 28, 2016, admission will remain possible for students who have already reached a B2 level in French.
> Admission requirements
The Preparatory program to postugraduate studies is open to students who have completed a minimum of 3 years of undergraduate studies or validated 120 ECTS in design or architecture.
A French level equivalent to B1 assessed by a TCF or DELF tests is required to join the program.
After an individual interview, students having a B2 level or more may, at their request, be exempted of the 1st semster of intensive French classes and join directly L’École de design for the second semester .
> Admission procedure
Admission to this program is based on the examination of your application file.
The selection process is organized as follow:
1. application on our website for the 2nd semester,
2. sending all the required documents for application,
3. application file review ;
4. if the application to L’École de design is accepted, application with the University of Nantes for a semester of intensive French classes www.irffle.univ-nantes.fr.
Your application file must be composed of:
- a registration form (completed online on our registration website)
- a cover letter written in French
- a resumé in French
- a portfolio of your previous design works and projects (to upload on our dedicated application website),
- a copy of your school records and grades of the past two years,
- a certificate proving your current level of French (TCF or DELF)
The application file must be submitted in French and will be examined by a jury including the head of the preparatory program to postgraduate studies.
> Tuition fees and additional expenses
Tuition fees at the University of Nantes: € 870
+ registration fees: € 189.10
+ social security fees
+ fees related to the DELF exam
Tuition fees at L’École de design Nantes Atlantique: € 4,500
+ registration fees: € 50
+ fees related to the TOEIC exam