Applications will open from November 8, 2021 to June 30, 2022 for the academic year 2022-2023.
They can only be done online, on our application website.
They are organized in 7 sessions:
December session: until December 15, 2021
January session: from December 16, 2021 to January 31, 2022
February session: from February 1 to February 28, 2022
March session: from March 1 to March 31, 2022
April session: from April 1 to April 30, 2022
May session: from May 1 to May 31, 2022
June session: from June 1 to June 30, 2022
Programs taught in English open to admissions
MDes Le Studio France
MDes International Design Strategy / Brazil Studio
MDes International Design Strategy / India Studio
MDes International Design Strategy / China Studio
For any request please contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about our MDes programs available in French please switch to the French version.
The selection process is organized as follows:
1. Online application and payment of the application fees (€50);
2. Uploading all the required documents for application;
3. Application file review and interview if your application file is accepted;
4. Publication of the admissions results at the end of each admission session;
> Applications Procedure
Step 1 - Online application and payment of the application fees (€50)
After creating your account, you will receive a confirmation email to activate your account. Then, you will be required to choose the program(s) for which you want to apply and to proceed to payment by credit card or PayPal of €50 of registration fee (non-refundable)
Step 2 - Uploading of the application file
To complete your application file, you will then be asked to upload documents on your applicant page.
The jury will aim to assess not only the applicant’s know-how and skills obtained thanks to his/her education and experience, but also his/her potential as a professional designer
Step 3 - Application file review and interview
Your application file and your portfolio will be reviewed by a jury and an individual videoconference interview will be organized.
Admission being highly based on the file reviewed, your portfolio will be your main asset to highlight your application.
• For more information about the portfolio expectations
Step 4 - Publication of admission results
Admissions results are published on our website at the end of each admission session
> Application file
Application file documents must be uploaded on the applicant’s page.
You will be asked to upload the following documents:
• A résumé (CV);
• A portfolio;
• If you are not a native English speaker An English certification (700 points at the TOEIC test or equivalent);
• Reports of the last two years of study in Design;
• A copy of your Bachelor’s Degree in design or equivalent (if already obtained);
• A copy of your identity card or passport;
• A cover letter (letter of intent, in English) (optional);
> Academic requirements
These programs are open to all applicants who either:
• hold a Bachelor’s Degree in design* or equivalent
• have completed at least three years of undergraduate studies in design* equating to at least 180 ECTS credits
* As the MDes programs are cross-disciplinary, students from different design backgrounds may apply:
• space design, interior design, or interior architecture,
• interaction design or multimedia design,
• product design or industrial design,
• graphic design or visual communication.
You may apply before actually receiving the degree or having completed your undergraduate studies. However, admission will only take effect once the degree is obtained or the undergraduate credits have been validated.
Once accepted, students remain eligible for registration for the following academic year.
Applicants whose level we assess to be insufficient may be recommended to follow a semester or a full year in our 3rd year of DN MADE / International Class before entering the master’s program.
> Language requirements
If you are not a native English speaker, we ask you to provide a proof of your English proficiency:
• 700 points at the TOEIC test or equivalent for MDes programs taught in English;
We require all applicants to have a good level of English for two reasons:
• students enrolled in one of the programs must be able to follow the courses and write their thesis in English;
• all students must obtain a minimum level of 800 points at the TOEIC test in order to be granted the Master’s Degree in Design from L’École de design Nantes Atlantique.
While not mandatory for the programs taught in English, a certain command of French language is recommended for daily life in France and integration purposes. You will have to provide any certificate of French language you may already have or you can indicate your current level of French using the CEFR self-assessment grid.
A minimum level of CEFR B2 in French is however requested for non-native speakers who wish to apply for a MDes taught in French.
For more information about our MDes programs open to admission please consult this page in French.
> Students visa
Final admission will only take effect when the necessary visa is obtained, if applicable.
For more information, please go to the item “obtaining a visa”
For our MDes programs in China, India, Brazil or Africa
Please consult the corresponding programs headings in the "international" tab